Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
The wedding was last weekend and the signed ketubbah is now on the way to the framer. Diane did a fabulous job stitching this gift - her choices of fibers and stitches are perfect and she promised us another photo when it is completely assembled.
Great job Diane - and what a lovely gift!
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Tony suggested using Silk 'n Colors in satin stitch for the lips. Again I questioned his choice of color, but decided to give it a try before finding an alternate fiber. Silly me....should have known he would be right (AGAIN). By chopping up the overdye in sections of light to dark I managed to get the correct shading.
Next came the dreaded Marlitt for the teeth. I added pale grey to the two outer teeth to give them a little depth, and then went to work with a wet sponge and the white. Using this fiber isn't the easiest, but it really does the job in the shine department.
Wish I could say that these stitches are "bringing the canvas to life". but...........
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Sue and I are doing the cover layout tomorrow, in hopes of shipping canvases and guides at the end of next week. If you're a speedy stitcher he can make it to the table as a centerpiece for Thanksgiving dinner.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Next to tackle was the brim, which called for satin stitch and beads for the small decorative stitching accents. These would actually be leather on a real sombrero, but I wanted to follow Tony's stitch guide as closely as possible and he suggested string beading. In order to allow these little decorations to bend if necessary I used Sundance #14 beads and very fine beading wire. After much cursing (#*^#!!!) this is the final result.
Right again, Tony.....this guy really IS a Master!