Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tony Minieri Class at Family Arts - Day 2

LUPE is finally FINISHED!!!!  This is the canvas that I started in last year's Tony class, and I had everything finished except for the final big rose in the lower right hand corner.  I probably should have paid more attention to the demo last year, but thankfully Tony was kind enough to repeat his instructions so that I could add the final flower (which took me the entire morning to complete). 

Stitching this canvas was a big "stretch" for me technically, but well worth the effort.  Lupe will go to the framer next week, and then I can focus on Leapin' Lizards, this year's class project.

6 comments:

  1. Lupe is lovely! I am sure Tony's very proud of you. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane - I think Tony is shocked to see that I could actually stitch this! Couldn't find wired ribbon for the rose, so got some white and painted the ribbon to match the painted rose on the canvas - a very messy job, but it worked. Also, I met Judy, a friend of Janet, at Family Arts - what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peggi - Would you share what stitch and thread Tony suggested for the skull part of her face? I am taking "Halloween Beauty" to one of his embellishment classes in July and I am so curious how he will handle that part of the canvas. I can send you a private email address if you'd rather not answer publicly. Thanks! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth - From what I've seen, Tony handles each one of these skeletons differently. My face was in upright cross, but his guide for MS-1, Rosa, uses brick stitch for the face. I am anxious to see what stitches he chooses for Belleza - but be assured that whatever stitches he cooks up for your canvas it will be a knockout!

      Delete
  4. Peggi, it is fabulous! Lupe and Tony's stitch guide for her are high on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - this was the most challenging piece I've ever stitched. It was fun, and I really learned a lot.

      Delete