Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Diane's Ketubbah Frame
The wedding was last weekend and the signed ketubbah is now on the way to the framer. Diane did a fabulous job stitching this gift - her choices of fibers and stitches are perfect and she promised us another photo when it is completely assembled.
Great job Diane - and what a lovely gift!
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Tony suggested using Silk 'n Colors in satin stitch for the lips. Again I questioned his choice of color, but decided to give it a try before finding an alternate fiber. Silly me....should have known he would be right (AGAIN). By chopping up the overdye in sections of light to dark I managed to get the correct shading.
Next came the dreaded Marlitt for the teeth. I added pale grey to the two outer teeth to give them a little depth, and then went to work with a wet sponge and the white. Using this fiber isn't the easiest, but it really does the job in the shine department.
Wish I could say that these stitches are "bringing the canvas to life". but...........
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Sue and I are doing the cover layout tomorrow, in hopes of shipping canvases and guides at the end of next week. If you're a speedy stitcher he can make it to the table as a centerpiece for Thanksgiving dinner.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Lupe's Progress - Thanks Tony!
Next to tackle was the brim, which called for satin stitch and beads for the small decorative stitching accents. These would actually be leather on a real sombrero, but I wanted to follow Tony's stitch guide as closely as possible and he suggested string beading. In order to allow these little decorations to bend if necessary I used Sundance #14 beads and very fine beading wire. After much cursing (#*^#!!!) this is the final result.
Right again, Tony.....this guy really IS a Master!
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)